It is now clear that if Christians do not organize to actively participate in Governance, the instrument of the State shall be used to progressively decimate the Church until Christianity is eventually “eradicated in all its forms and ramifications” in Nigeria. To avoid this calamity from coming to pass, the NCEF advises all Christians as follows:
1. Every Nigerian Christian, from 18 years old, should register to vote and obtain the Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC).
2. Identify with any political party of your choice.
3. If persuaded that you are called of God to contest, present yourself as candidate for any elective position of your choice.
4. Announce in all Churches that all Christians must register to vote.
5. Register yourself and your children for National Identity Card.
6. Support CAN. Every Nigerian Christian is a member of CAN and is a stakeholder in the Association. Uphold your Association and defend it so that it can be strong to defend you.
7. Christian Social Movement of Nigeria (CSMN) was established by CAN leaders in 2001 to encourage Christian participation in Governance. (You can register on www.csmnigeria.org) CSMN is an arm of the Church; even NCEF operates under CSMN.
8. During elections, please ensure that you understand the issues before you "vote your conscience”. Do not succumb to any financial inducement or propaganda. Ensure a proper understanding of the issues before you cast your vote for any candidate.
God bless Nigeria.
National Christian Elders Forum (NCEF)